- Drama: Pinocchio
- Revised romanization: Pinokio
- Hangul: 피노키오
- Director: Jo Soo-Won
- Writer: Park Hye-Ryun
- Network: SBS
- Episodes: 20
- Release Date: November 12 – January 15, 2015
- Runtime: Wed. & Thu. 21:55
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
As a child, Ha-Myeong (Lee Jong-Suk) grew up in a family with his firefighter father, mother and older brother. Ha-Myeong and his older brother (Yoon Gyun-Sang) both possess higher than normal intellect and are proud of their father. A fire at a waste facility though destroys his family. His mother dies a short time later and Ha-Myeong ends up being scooped out of the ocean by an unknown man (Byun Hee-Bong).
The man that pulls Ha-Myeong out of the ocean is the grandfather of In-Ha (Park Shin-Hye). In-Ha’s grandfather believes Ha-Myeong is his eldest son Dal-Po, who died 30 years ago. Ha-Myeong is then adopted by In-Ha’s grandfather and his name is changed to Dal-Po. In-Ha and Dal-Po now live together as uncle and niece, although they are in the same age range. In-Ha has a Pinocchio Syndrome. Whenever she lies she gets the hiccups. In-Ha and Dal-Po get along well until Dal-Po learns that In-Ha’s mother (Jin Kyung) is the reporter that covered the waste facility fire that destroyed his family. Dal-Po tries to distance himself from In-Ha, but he also develops feelings for her.
Years later, Dal-Po and In-Ha’s family are now living in Seoul. In-Ha attempts to become a reporter like her mother. In-Ha meets her mother for the first time in years at a job interview for MSC Broadcasting Station. Her mother is the person giving her the job interview. In-Ha though fails the job interview. Her mother rejects her because of her Pinocchio Syndrome.
Dal-Po is now driving a taxi to support their family. One day, Dal-Po meets In-Ha’s mother and decides to become a reporter.
- “Pinocchio” takes over the Wednesday & Thursday 21:55 time slot previously occupied by “My Lovely Girl” and will be followed by “Hyde Jekyll, Me” January 21, 2015.
- Actor Kim Woo-Bin was offered the lead male role, but declined due to scheduling.
- First script reading took place October, 2014 at SBS Production Center in Ilsan, South Korea.
- According to SidusHQ (production company for “Pinocchio”), “Pinocchio” sold to Youku Tudou Inc in China for $280,000 USD per episode. That’s the highest price per episode for a Korean drama to date, surpassing “My Lovely Girl,” which recently sold for $200,000 USD per episode.
- Actor Yoon Sang-Hyun makes a cameo appearance in ep.11. He plays Attorney Cha Kwan-Woo, which is the same character from 2013 SBS drama series “I Can Hear Your Voice.” Pinocchio’s director Jo Soo-Won, screenwriter Park Hye-Ryun, actor Lee Jong-Suk & Yoon Sang-Hyun all worked together in “I Can Hear Your Voice.”
|Episode 1 – 20||UsersCloud||TusFiles||Uptobox|