Toko Ikuta (Kasumi Arimura) lost her parents in a car accident at the age of 3. Afterwards, her uncle, who ran a barbershop in Morioka, raised her and she had a happy childhood. Toko Ikuta was active as a local idol and she dreamed of becoming an actress. At the age of 19, she is set to take an audition in Tokyo. The day before her audition, on March 11, 2011, the great Tohoku earthquake and tsunami hits Japan. In the autumn of 2011, Toko Ikuta works at a cafe. She goes with her Korean co-worker Han Yoo-Ri (Kang Ji-Young) to do volunteer work in Kesennuma as the area recovers from the devastating tsunami. There, Toko Ikuta meets Kiyotaka Shimizu (Kentaro Sakaguchi) who is a university student from Tokyo and a member of a student volunteer group. While spending time together in Kesennuma, Toko Ikuta and Kiyotaka Shimizu develop feelings for each other.
- Kasumi Arimura – Toko Ikuta
- Kentaro Sakaguchi – Kiyotaka Shimizu
- Kang Ji-Young – Han Yoo-Ri
- Amane Okayama – Shinji Kubo
- Masato Hagiwara – Masayuki Sakamoto
- Ken Mitsuishi – Kazutaka Ikuta
- Kaho Minami – Mieko Shimizu